Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weekends seem so short...

I often feel like weekends come and go in the blink of an eye and the wish list often goes unnoticed. The past two Mondays I weighed in, and today I felt like after sleeping a good 8+ hours, I might have a better number on the scale so went ahead and stepped on my cold (literally) and bold friend...

-January 2, 2012--171.6lbs
-January 9, 2012--170.8lbs
-January 14, 2012--166.9lbs

It brings me to wonder if it really all is just a number...Looking back, I would have to say this makes me realize the importance of staying hydrated and getting 8hrs of sleep/day. In reality, I'm lucky if I make myself get 5-6hrs/day. Being single and kid-free, it boggles my mind to think how would I ever be able to manage if at this point in my 28 years I haven't been able to fully sustain myself to a "decent" level. That is what got me hooked to the blog world, looking at how many busy moms and professionals multitask and multi-network (is that a word?...on the many formats available these days (FB, twitter, pinterest, youtube, blogger, etc)...even today I had a hard type remembering my usernames/passwords!

It's funny looking back, because I would always complain when seeing everyone get married at an "old" age (late 20's-early 30's) and vowed that I'd be getting married ASAP...well, life had a funny way of showing me who's boss! And although I had my pity party and my fair share of blue moods, in the grand scheme of it all, I know that I wouldn't have it any other way...I truly believe my fellow 28 year + blogger buddies when they say it's up until these years that you truly know and enjoy who you are. You are comfortable in your own skin. You speak up and voice your likes and wants (men love that, they need it!). And life just seems to make more sense...

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted."

Life is full of choices. You can choose..

~ who to hang out with
~ what to eat
~ when to exercise
~ where to live
~ and most importantly, how to feel..

Choose to be happy. You deserve it. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment